Our company is committed to comply with the legal requirements, and to ensure the protection of your personal data to the best of our abilities.
LAST UPDATE October 1st 2020
1. Parties and subjectSimon et fils sa./nv. (hereinafter "Simon&Fils" or the "Data Controller")
Avenue Paul Gilson 450/106, 1620 Drogenbos
ECB / VAT: BE 894 540 235
Phone: +32 (0) 2 372 03 83
The term "User" refers to any user, either any natural or legal person, who visits or interacts in any way with the Site.
As such, Simon&Fils determines all the technical, legal and organizational means and purposes for processing Users' personal data. Simon&Fils undertakes to take all the necessary measures to ensure that personal data is processed in accordance with the law of July 30, 2018, on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (hereinafter: after, "the Law") and to the European GDPR of April 26, 2016 on the protection of personal data with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter the "GDPR ").
Simon&Fils is free to choose any natural or legal person who processes the personal data of users at his request and on his behalf (hereinafter the "Subcontractor"). Where applicable, Simon&Fils undertakes to select a Subcontractor offering sufficient guarantees as to the technical and organizational security measures for the processing of personal data, with regard to the Law and the Regulations.
2. Processing of personal dataUse of the Site by Users may result in the communication of personal data. The processing of this data by Simon&Fils, in its capacity as Data Controller, or by service providers acting in the name and on behalf of Simon&Fils, will comply with the Law and the Regulations.
Personal data will be processed by Simon&Fils, in accordance with the purposes mentioned below, via:
- the newsletter registration form;
- registration for events;
3. Purpose of the processing of personal dataIn accordance with article 13 of the GDPR, the purposes of the processing of personal data are communicated to the User and are as follows:
- to carry out marketing and promotional information activities after the prior consent of the user and until the revocation of this consent, for example the sending of promotions on the products, services and events of the Data Controller;
- compile statistics to improve the website, the services offered and the internal organization of operation;
- Keep the user informed of any changes made to the organization auxuqels latter events will be listed specifically.
- User information that they provide for contractual purposes and to enable the proper performance of reciprocal obligations, namely last name, first name, address, telephone number, email address, and possibly bank details; and more generally, any information voluntarily given by the User;
- The information of the users by filling in forms or contact by phone, email or other means, such as name, address, email address and phone number of users;
- Regarding each of the visits of users on the Site, the information automatically collected are:
- IP address, browser type and model, time zone, the operating system;
- all information concerning the pages the user has accessed the Site, including the URL, the navigation time ...
The User has the right to withdraw his consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not compromise the lawfulness of processing based on the consent previously given.
6. Retention period of Users' personal dataIn accordance with article 13 §2 of the Regulations and the Law, the Data Controller only keeps personal data for the time reasonably necessary to allow the fulfillment of the purposes for which they are processed.
This period is in all cases less than: 6 months
7. Recipients of the data and disclosure to third partiesPersonal data may be transmitted to Simon&Fils employees, collaborators, subcontractors or suppliers who offer adequate data security guarantees, and who collaborate with Simon&Fils in the context of the marketing of products or the provision of services. They act under the direct authority of Simon&Fils, and are responsible in particular for collecting, processing or subcontracting this data.
In the event that the data is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing or prospecting purposes, the User will be informed beforehand so that he expresses his consent to the use of this personal data.
8. Data Protection Officer (DPO)The following person is appointed Data Protection Officer (hereinafter "DPO"): Charly Azoulay
The role of the DPO is to ensure the proper implementation of the provisions national and supranational with regard to the collection and processing of personal data.
The DPO can be contacted as follows:
+32 (0) 2 372 03 83
9. User RightsAt any time, the user may exercise its rights by sending an e-mail to following address: email@example.com, or a letter by post addressed, attaching a copy of his identity card to the following address: Avenue Paul Gilson 450/106, 1620 Drogenbos
a. Right of accessIn accordance with article 15 of the Regulations, Simon&Fils guarantees the right of access to the User to his personal data. The User has the right to obtain access to said personal data as well as the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be communicated, in particular recipients who are established in third countries or international organizations;
- where possible, the planned retention period for personal data or, where this is not possible, the criteria used to determine this period;
- the existence of automated decision making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22 (1) and (4) of the GDPR, and, at least in such cases, useful information regarding the underlying logic, as well as the importance and the foreseen consequences of this processing for the data subject
When the User submits this request electronically (through the electronic address for example), the information is provided in an electronic form in common use, unless the User requests otherwise.
The copy of his data will be communicated to the User no later than one month after receipt of the request.
b. Right of rectificationSimon&Fils guarantees the right of rectification and erasure of personal data to the user.
In accordance with article 16 of the GDPR, incorrect, inaccurate or irrelevant data may be corrected or deleted at any time. The User first makes the necessary modifications himself from his user / other account, unless these cannot be carried out independently, in which case a request can be made to Simon&Fils.
In accordance with article 19 of the Regulations, the Data Controller notifies each recipient to whom the personal data has been communicated of any rectification of the personal data, unless such communication proves impossible or requires disproportionate efforts. The data controller provides the data subject with information on these recipients if the latter so requests.
c. Right to erasureThe User has the right to obtain the erasure of his personal data as soon as possible in the cases listed in article 17 of the Regulations.
When the Data Controller has made the personal data public and is required to erase them under the previous paragraph, the Data Controller, taking into account the available technologies and the costs of implementation, takes reasonable measures , including of a technical nature, to inform other controllers who process such personal data that the data subject has requested the erasure by those controllers of any link to such personal data, or of any copy or reproduction thereof.
The two preceding paragraphs do not apply insofar as this processing is necessary:
- for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation which requires the processing provided for by Union law or by the law of the Member State to which the controller is subject, or to perform a task of public interest or falling within the exercise of the public authority vested in the controller;
- to the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
d. Right to limit the processingThe User has the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of his personal data in the cases listed in article 19 of the Regulations.
In accordance with article 19 of the Regulations, the Data Controller notifies each recipient to whom the personal data has been communicated of any limitation of the processing carried out, unless such communication proves impossible or requires disproportionate efforts. The data controller provides the data subject with information on these recipients if the latter so requests.
e. Right to data portabilityIn accordance with article 20 of the Regulations, Users have the right to receive from Simon&Fils personal data concerning them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Users have the right to transmit this data to another data controller without Simon&Fils obstructing it in the cases provided for by the Regulations.
When the User exercises his right to data portability in application of the previous paragraph, he has the right to obtain that the personal data is transmitted directly from one controller to another, when this is technically possible.
The exercise of the right to data portability is understood to be without prejudice to the right to erasure. This right does not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task of public interest or relating to the exercise of public authority vested in the controller.
The right to data portability does not affect the rights and freedoms of third parties.
f. Right of opposition and automated individual decision-makingThe User has the right at any time to object to the processing of his personal data due to his particular situation, including the automation of data carried out by Simon&Fils. In accordance with article 21 of the Regulations, Simon&Fils will no longer process personal data, unless there are legitimate and compelling reasons for the processing which prevail over the interests and rights and freedoms of the User, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
When personal data is processed for prospecting purposes, the User has the right to oppose at any time the processing of personal data concerning him for such prospecting purposes, including profiling to the extent where it relates to such prospecting.
When the data subject objects to the processing for prospecting purposes, the personal data is no longer processed for these purposes.
g. Right of complaintThe User has the right to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of his personal data by Simon&Fils with the Data Protection Authority, competent for Belgian territory. Further information can be found on the website:
The introduction of a complaint is made to the following addresses:
Data Protection Authority
Streetfor Press 35, 1000 Brussels
Tel. + 32 2 274 48 00
Fax. + 32 2 274 48 35
Users may also lodge a complaint with the district court of his home.
a. General principlesA "Cookie" is a file temporarily or permanently placed on the User's hard drive when consulting the Website, with a view to subsequent connection. Thanks to cookies, the server recognizes the User's computer.
Cookies can also be installed by third parties with whom Simon&Fils collaborates.
Some of the cookies used by Simon&Fils are necessary for the proper functioning of the Site, others allow the User experience to be improved.
The User can customize or disable cookies by configuring their browser.
By using the Website, the User expressly agrees with the management of cookies as described in this article.
b. Type of cookies and purposes pursuedDifferent types of cookies are used by Simon&Fils on the Site:
- Technical cookies: they are necessary for the operation of the Website, allow the communication of the data entered and are intended to facilitate the User's navigation ;
- Statistical and audience measurement cookies: these cookies allow the recognition of the User and are used to count the number of Users of the Website over a certain period. As long as they also indicate browsing behavior, they are an effective way to improve the User's browsing experience, by showing him proposals and offers that may be of interest to him. They also allow Simon&Fils to identify possible bugs on the Website and to correct them.
- Functional cookies: these cookies facilitate the use of the Website by retaining certain choices made (for example, username or language);
- Tracking cookies: Simon&Fils uses tracking cookies via Google Analytics, to measure User interaction with the content of the Site and to produce anonymous statistics. These statistics allow Simon&Fils to improve the Website. Google supports the explanation of these cookies at the following address: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=be
c. Cookie retention periodCookies are kept for the time necessary to fulfill the purpose pursued. The cookies likely to be stored on the User's hard drive as well as their retention period are as follows:
- __utma: This cookie is used to distinguish unique visitors to your site. The latter is updated on each page viewed. - 2 years
- __utmb: This cookie is used to track visiting session of the user. This cookie expires as soon as the user remains inactive on your site for more than 30 minutes. The use of this cookie coupled with the utmc cookie makes it possible to track visits (sessions) on a given site. Note that the cookie lifespan can be adapted to your needs and specificities. To do this, you just need to call the _setSessionCookieTimeout () function. - 30 minutes
- __utmc: This cookie works in addition to __utmb cookie to determine whether there is a new visit by the current single visitor. - Not defined. It expires at end of session
- __utmz.This cookie stores all relevant information for the identification of a source of traffic. The following information is stored in this cookie: the source of traffic, the medium for this source of traffic, the keyword entered if the Internet user consults the site from a search engine, etc. By default, this cookie has a lifespan of 6 months, however, you can change this limit through function: _setCookieTimeout () - 6 months
- __utmv: This cookie is not normally present in a configuration default tracking code. The __utmv cookie refers to the information entered when calling the _setVar () function. Note that the utmv cookie is an optional cookie. The latter is only used by the setVar function. - 2 years
- __utmt: This internal cookie created by Google Analytics is used to process the request from the user and generate traffic statistics website. - 10 minutes
- CONSENT: These third party cookies are used by Google Analytics to generate maps (for locating products) and to generate CAPTCHA images to help protect our spam sites. - All life
- NID: These third party cookies are used by Google Analytics to generate maps (for locating products) and to generate CAPTCHA images to help protect our spam sites. - 6 months
- 1P_JAR Advertising Cookie Google used to track users and target ads. - 1 minute
If the User disables certain cookies, he accepts that the Website may not function optimally. Certain parts of the Website may therefore not be usable, or may be partially.
If the User thus wishes to manage and / or delete certain cookies, he can do so by using the following link (s):
For Users having as a browser:
- Internet Explorer:
- Microsoft Edge:
11. Limitation of liability of the Data ControllerThe website may contain links to other websites owned by third parties not linked to Simon&Fils. The content of these sites and their compliance with the law and Regulations are not the responsibility of Simon&Fils.
The holder of parental authority must give his express consent so that a minor under 16 can disclose personal information or data on the website. Simon&Fils strongly advises people exercising parental authority over minors to promote responsible and secure use of the Internet. The Data Controller cannot be held responsible for having collected and processed information and personal data from minors under the age of 16 whose consent is not effectively covered by that of their legal parents or for incorrect data - especially concerning the 'age- introduced by minors. Under no circumstances will personal data be processed by the Data Controller if the User specifies that he is under 16 years of age.
Simon&Fils is not responsible for the loss, corruption or theft of personal data caused in particular by the presence of viruses or following computer attacks.
12. SecurityDataThe Controller implements organizational and technical measures to guarantee an appropriate level of security for the processing and collection of data. These security measures depend on the costs of implementation with regard to the nature, context and purposes of the processing of personal data.
The Data Controller uses standard encryption technologies within the IT sector when transferring or collecting data on the Site.